In order to better meet the needs of their clients, Tierra operates its own CMEC certified and FDOT (I07007) qualified laboratory facility in Tampa, Florida. Our laboratory provides specialized testing services associated with geotechnical engineering and construction materials projects.
Tierra’s laboratory provides physical testing of soil, rock, concrete, aggregate and asphalt and is routinely inspected and accredited by CMEC and the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).
Tierra’s testing capabilities include, but are not limited to, testing for the following:
Soils Laboratory Tests
Aggregate Laboratory Tests
- Coarse / Fine Aggregate Gradation
- Coarse / Fine Aggregate Fines Content
- Coarse / Fine Aggregate Specific Gravity
- Colormetric Tests (Organic Content)
- Los Angeles Abrasion
- Unit Weight
- Flat & Elongated Particles
Concrete Laboratory Tests
- Compressive Strength
- Flexural Strength
- Split Tensile Strength
Asphalt Laboratory Tests
- Asphalt Content by Ignition Method
- Aggregate Gradation
- Bulk Specific Gravity of Compacted Specimens
- Marshall Properties
Calibration Statement: All testing and measurement devices are calibrated according to Tierra’s Quality Management System Manual.