Forensic Structural / Civil Engineer
Tierra, Inc. is actively seeking an experienced Forensic Structural / Civil Engineer to join our corporate office team in Tampa, Florida. Prospective candidate should have immediate ability to submit a resume, list of references and a sample of technical writing skills. A minimum of five years of experience performing cause and origin investigations is preferred, including forensic engineering projects focused on the determination of cause, origin, duration and extent of damage to residential and commercial structures due to moisture/water intrusion, wind/hail damage, construction deficiencies, impacts, ground subsidence and structural damage. Previous expert testimony or deposition experience is preferred but not required. Successful candidates will receive training at Tierra’s Tampa office but may elect to work from Tierra’s Winter Garden office.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide expert forensic analysis to clients on an array of engineering projects;
- Provide factual and unbiased analysis and consultation on various property failures;
- Conduct field investigations and analyze failures involving residential and commercial structures;
- Determine cause, origin and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, roof damage, construction defects and building system failures;
- Take photos, collect physical evidence and maintain chain of custody, document onsite conditions and oversee field testing;
- Write and submit detailed reports on completed projects in a timely manner in accordance with company guidelines;
- Communicate with clients to provide timelines and project updates;
- Provide expert testimony and/or depositions on an as needed basis.
The right candidate must be:
- Willing and able to travel throughout the State of Florida;
- Willing to work a flexible schedule and additional hours during periods of peak business demand;
- Organized with the ability to work independently and efficiently handle multiple projects;
- Adaptable with the aptitude and willingness to learn new skills and techniques;
- Team oriented.
- Active Florida Professional Engineering License (P.E.);
- 5+ years of experience as a civil / structural engineer performing forensic investigations;
- Hold a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to defend and support conclusions;
- Ability to lift and/or move objects weighing approximately 50 pounds or more;
- Ability to climb onto first and second story roofs, ascend/descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, etc.
- Ability to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.